Canadian Succession Protection Company values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as source of advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us. Hugh MacDonald ("MacDonald") is the sole owner of Canadian Succession Protection Company ("CSPC"). For purpose of this privacy and disclosure agreement, we shall refer to them jointly as CSPC. CSPC is licensed as a life insurance agent by the province of Ontario and certain other provincial jurisdictions and as such are bound by the relevant laws and regulations of those provinces. CSPC maintains professional liability insurance coverage as required under Ontario Law and Regulation. CSPC acts as broker/agent for various life insurance companies in Canada. If you choose to purchase a product through CSPC, we will be paid by the company that offers the product. We are compensated by a sales commission at the time of sale, and may receive a renewal (or service commission) if you keep that policy in force. I may also be eligible for additional compensation, such as bonuses, or non-monetary benefits, such as travel incentives, depending on various factors such as the volume or persistency of business that I place with a particular company during a given period. We also have the right to charge a fee for financial planning services.
You have the following rights concerning your privacy:
- You have the right to know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your personal information;
- You have the right to expect an organization to handle your information responsibly and to not use it for any purpose other than the one to which you consented;
- You have the right to know who in an organization is responsible for protecting your information;
- You have the right to expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure;
- You have the right to inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current;
- You have the right to expect an organization to destroy your information when requested and when no longer required for the intended original purpose;
- You have the right to confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information and may escalate your complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if needed; and
- You have the right to remove your consent at any time by contacting CSPC in writing.
CSPC will not:
- Sell your personal information to anyone; and
- Share your personal information with organizations outside of our relationship that would use it to contact you about their own products or services.
During the course of the relationships, it will be necessary for you to provide a variety of very personal health and financial information. The quality of the work undertaken on behalf of the clients requires this personal information be accurate and complete. CSPC commits that all information received from you and any companies controlled by you will be held in strictest confidence and that no information shall be divulged about your personal situation to any outside organization or government agency without your prior consent, unless as may be required by law. It is understood that as part of any insurance application process, health and financial information is gathered which will be submitted to one or more insurance companies for the purpose of underwriting of that application. The privacy and disclosure standards of the various life insurance companies will be provided to the client at their request.
Please contact our Privacy Officer: 416 369 2256
CSPC works as an independent broker and will, as part of their services, survey a range of possible products available in the market that meet your specific needs using standardized multi-quoting search systems available to all agents and brokers. CSPC will only propose and recommend to the client insurance coverage that is best suited to that client. This privacy and disclosure agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario.
Insurance companies and Other Providers of Financial Products with whom we do business:
THE CANADA LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY
DESJARDINS FINANCIAL SECURITY
INDUSTRIAL ALLIANCE INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
THE MANUFACTURERS LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY
THE STANDARD LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY
SUN LIFE OF CANADA
Online Privacy Statement
We respect your privacy
The information we collect
When you visit our website, we may collect information from you in order to gauge usage and to improve your experience on our sites. In order to do this, we may collect information such as your IP address, the type of operating system you use, the time and duration of your visit to our sites, your geographical location and the web pages you visit within our sites. We may collect information about the number of times you visit our site and whether you are a new or repeat visitor. We may track where on our website you explore, how long you stay on a site and at what point you exit from our website.We will only collect information that is pertinent and consistent with the purposes of the collection.
It’s your choice
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to inform you when they are set. You also have the ability to delete cookies that you have accepted. If you delete or disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our websites.